Who We Are:
The First Nations Tax Commission (FNTC) is a national Aboriginal institution that supports and assists First Nations across Canada in developing and implementing property tax systems on their lands. For more information on what we do, please visit our website www.fntc.ca.
The First Nations Tax Commission is seeking an organized, self-motivated professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills to join our growing organization. As part of a dynamic team, you will support program planning, monitoring and reporting, and outreach and engagement activities.
- Designs, compiles, analyzes and reports on statistical information
- Develops, monitors and reports on work plans for departments and working groups
- Coordinates preparation of materials, briefings and presentations for engagement and outreach activities
- Assists with the development and implementation of new and change management programs
- Undertakes research to support program activities and planning
- A degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or a related discipline
- 5 years work experience, as a program officer, policy analyst/advisor or in a policy/legal research role
- Work experience in, or exposure to, Indigenous organizations or First Nations governments is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Takes initiative, with strong problem-solving skills and proven success at completing work with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Must be willing to travel on short notice for several days at a time
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written), French language is considered an asset
- Must have a driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of all First Nations and people across Canada. Applicants of Aboriginal descent are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please visit our website to submit your cover letter and résumé at https://fntc.ca/careers/.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.