IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
The First Nations Tax Commission is seeking a team member to join its Kamloops office and be the IT support providing a diverse range of services, including user support, technology support and maintenance, application support, security and staff training. We offer competitive wages and benefits, healthy work life balance, training, and career progression opportunities.
Who We Are?
The First Nations Tax Commission (FNTC) is a national Aboriginal institution that supports and assists First Nations across Canada in developing and implementing property tax systems on their lands. For more information on what we do, please visit our website www.fntc.ca
- First point of contact for technical needs including hardware, software, applications, servers, and security
- Provide training on the use of hardware and software
- Responsible for inventory management of all IT assets
- Works with others to coordinate procurement by tracking requests, tracking equipment on the upgrade cycle, provide quotes and source equipment
- Provide support for the FNTC media room such set up and take down of equipment and webinar support
- Provide technical assistance for conference calls, virtual meetings and webinars
- Work with external off-site managed service provider to ensure all issues are resolved
- Completion of a related degree in Computer Science
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an IT support technician or helpdesk position
- Ability to diagnose technical issues
- Understanding of Cloud and network infrastructure and hardware procurement
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA cloud or CompTIA networking certifications are assets
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals or MCSE Enterprise Administrator certifications are assets
- Knowledge of Mac and IOS operating systems
- ConnectWise Automate, WordPress and InDesign experience is an asset
- Courses or experience with HTML, CSS SQL would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of all First Nations and people across Canada. As a First Nations Organization, applicants of Aboriginal descent are highly encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.