Who We Are
The First Nations Tax Commission (FNTC) is a national Aboriginal institution established under the First Nations Fiscal Management Act (FMA). The vision is to support and expand First Nation revenue streams in order to grow the economies on First Nation lands, thereby supporting healthy, vibrant and sustainable First Nation communities. In furtherance of this vision, the Commission regulates, supports and advances First Nation taxation jurisdiction.
The FNTC is seeking a highly creative and skilled office administrator. As the office administrator you will provide support to the Ottawa office and Head Office managing administrative tasks as well as records management and reporting.
- Provides administrative support for the staff at the NCR office (Office) and Head Office (HO)
- Assists with report and presentation preparations including assisting with compiling, preparing and editing correspondence and other documents
- Coordinates repair, maintenance and operation of office equipment and facilities in conjunction with the IT department and HO, including liaising with service providers to resolve issues
- Compiles, reviews and distributes invoices, prepares requisitions for payment, and manages and maintains petty cash at the Office
- Configures virtual meetings and coordinates catering, hospitality, and other logistical arrangements for meetings
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and takes meeting minutes as requested
- Files correspondence in accordance with records and information management policies
- Reviews, distributes and maintains outgoing and incoming mail, emails, and couriers
- Maintains and monitors office supply inventory levels and places orders as required
- Completion of related post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration or management
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience
- Possess a high degree of professional maturity
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We welcome applications from individuals with a strong interest in First Nation governance and the work of the FNTC, who are comfortable in a broad and demanding role, and who can work closely and collaboratively with colleagues.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.