Who We Are:
The First Nations Tax Commission (FNTC) is a national Aboriginal institution established under the First Nations Fiscal Management Act (FMA). The vision is to support and expand First Nation revenue streams in order to grow the economies on First Nation lands, thereby supporting healthy, vibrant and sustainable First Nation communities. In furtherance of this vision, the Commission regulates, supports and advances First Nation taxation jurisdiction.
The FNTC is seeking a highly creative, skilled event coordinator to help us deliver virtual and in person events, workshops and webinars to our First Nation clients and partners. As the event coordinator you will coordinate events, workshops and webinars including compiling and finalizing content in collaboration with subject-matter experts, coordinating and managing logistics, managing contact databases, and developing post event reports.
- Manage all aspects of events from planning, setting timelines, determining resource needs, coordinating and compiling event materials, on site coordination, and post event reporting and follow-up
- Create and coordinate communication plans for events including digital marketing, website updates, internal updates and event messaging.
- Coordinate event agenda and activities including speakers and speaker information
- Work with the Director of Education and other staff to develop and manage a calendar of events
- Manage, update and maintain contact databases in accordance with policies
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts and speakers on the content and materials, distribution to audiences
- Format presentations, materials and other documents in accordance with brand guides and templates
- Establish relationships with and communicate with vendors on the confirmation of venue details such as meeting or conference rooms, catering, transportation and other requirements.
- Incorporate evaluations and surveys into the planning cycle for the purposes of continuous improvement
- Coordinate event-related contracts and agreements
- Review events and feedback and implement recommendations for improvement
- Compile and retain event materials
- A diploma in a related discipline such as Event Management, Event Planning or equivalent education.
- 3-5 years of project or event management experience including managing complex events.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing and delivering events in a First Nation environment would be considered an asset.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities and duties.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We welcome applications from individuals with a strong interest in First Nation fiscal governance and the work of the FNTC, who are comfortable in a broad and demanding role, and who can work closely and collaboratively with colleagues.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.